SM COLLEGE VISITS
Juniors and Seniors - check Naviance for the complete fall visit list.
Sign up as spaces do fill up!
- Worchester Polytech Institute
- Rensselaer Polytech Institute
- Boston College
- University of the Pacific
- Purdue University
- Elon University
- Bradley University
- University of Oregon
- University of Portland
- University of Rochester
- Belmont Abbey College
- Washington State University
- UMass, Lowell
- The Ohio State University
- St. Edward's University
- Colgate University
- Fordham University
- University of Michigan
- Butler University
- College Rep Visit Procedure for Students
- What should I do during a college visit?
- Sign up for college visits
- Frequently check the visit schedule that is listed in the "Colleges" section of your Naviance account. The schedule changes daily so make sure to keep checking throughout the fall.
- Sign up for visits (10 max) at least 48 hours in advance in Naviance. Make note of when and where the visit will take place.
- Acquire the College Visit Request Form (located in the Counseling office) and fill out and have your teacher sign it 48 hours before the visit is to take place. Do NOT run into your teacher's classroom right before the visit and ask if you can attend.
- Place the signed College Visit Request Form in a safe place and again, make note of the date, time and location of the visit.
- When the visit arrives, report directly to the visit location and NOT to your classroom. Present the signed Request form at visit check in. This is your ticket into the visit.
- Please make sure to follow up with your teacher on work that was missed as it is your responsibility to have this discussion with your teacher. You are not excused from the work for that day.
A college visit gives our students the opportunity to learn more about particular schools, gain specific admissions information, and meet face-to-face with a college admissions counselor to ask questions.
Tips to Get the Most Out of These Visits:
- Pay attention to the information shared
- Fill out the registration form from the college
- Ask questions about the particular college. You may want to write a list of questions to ask prior to the visit. Here are some sample questions to ask. 20 Questions
- Introduce yourself, say thank you, shake their hand, and take their business card.
- You can always send a thank you note or additional questions (electronically or hand written) to the rep after the visit.