Join the Speech and Debate Team! Take the Debate Class!
Debate and Argumentation & Advanced Debate and Argumentation AS AN ELECTIVE
This class will look great on your college resume!
You will learn:
- Public Forum Debate, Lincoln-Douglas Debate, Impromptu Speech, Oratorical Interpretation, Extemporaneous Speaking and many more styles of Speech and Debate.
- Better delivery skills
- How to create arguments
- How to write cases
- How to research specific topics being argued
- How to be a more confident, fluid, and well-spoken person in front of a large group of people
- How to have lots of fun doing this!
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN THE SPEECH & DEBATE TEAM:
- EVERYONE is welcome to try it! No experience is necessary! We collaborate as a team and teach each other
- You choose what style of speech and/or debate you are interested in and let me know so I can teach you
- You will collaborate and practice with your teammates to prep for tournaments
- You will attend meetings and practices to work on cases or do practices rounds
- If you are interested in competing on the team, there is no obligation to go to a specific amount of tournaments. You go to what you can and practice for it with the team and on your own.
- There are several tournament opportunities throughout the season. You choose what you want to go to.
- There is one travel tournament in San Diego and a few selected individuals are invited to go.