The Activities Office is responsible for all student activity programs in the school. SMCHS desires to involve as many students as possible in school life. We believe that involvement in activities:
• Allows students to develop their God-given talents.
• Enhances self-esteem.
• Provides increased opportunities for friendship.
• Makes school more enjoyable.
• Increases student commitment to school.
• Results in better grades and deportment.
The many organizations, clubs, and activities (both co-curricular and extracurricular) are an essential part of modern education. Faculty members guide such activities and are directly responsible to the Director of Activities.
- Co-curricular Activities are classes that take place during the regular school day that involve practices and/or performances that take place after school. The school initiates co-curricular activities. The school provides faculty moderators and membership is based upon an audition or appointment.
- Extracurricular Activities, Honors Organizations, and Clubs are activities and organizations initiated by the school. The school provides faculty moderators and membership is dependent upon such criteria as an audition, appointment, or by simply signing up.
Please note that additional information on any of the programs within the Activities Department can be can be found by navigating the links on the right side of this page.
The Department of Activities is located on the first floor of the G-Building.