- Aerial View
- Tennis Center
- Athletic Field
- Aquatic Center
- Football Office
- Eagle Athletic Center
- Harry Brittingham Track
SMCHS opened the Aquatic Center on its 42-acre campus on September 28, 2007. The Aquatic Center boasts a 755,550 gallon, 50-meter by 25-yard (18 lanes) competition pool, stadium seating for 450 spectators, state-of-the-art timing and scoreboard systems, office space for team rooms, and a concession area. The SMCHS Aquatic Center hosts high school, club, national and international Water Polo and Swimming events.
The first competition in the new pool took place on Friday, October 5, 2007. The Boys Water Polo team was victorious in their first home match. The Aquatic Center is also home for the following SMCHS teams: Girls Water Polo, Boys & Girls Swimming and SMCHS Diving.
The Eagle Athletic Center is a three-story, 39,000 square-foot facility that house's a 7,000 square-foot state-of-the-art fitness center and weight room, team rooms with lockers, conference rooms, coaches’ offices, an 800 square-foot trainer’s room, wrestling training facility, and campus storage. The E.A.C. is the first LEED-certified building in Rancho Santa Margarita and in the Diocese of Orange. LEED is an internationally recognized green building certification system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council. The materials used to construct the building are environmentally friendly, contain renewable resources and conserve energy.
The Eagle Athletic Center weight room is an official Hammer Strength Training Facility. The weight room serves the diverse needs of the school’s award-winning athletic programs and provides enhanced physical education opportunities to the entire student body. The spacious 5,800 square foot room boasts:
• Custom PLAE flooring with 16 custom platforms, 6 ladders, and 3 box dots for agility training
• 8 Hammer Strength Heavy Duty Combo Racks
• 4 Signature Series Cable Motion Machine with Vest attachment
• 4 Glute/Ham Machines
• Multiple Pro 2 Series individual training stations
• Power Plate, Treadmill, Elliptical, and 4 Greg LeMond training cycles
• Vertimax V-Series Platform targeting the vertical jump, acceleration, top-end speed and sport specific movement.
• Over 22,000 lbs. of custom Iron Grip weight plates and dumbbells
• Medicine balls, Kettle Bells, Plyo Boxes, Strength Bands, and many other training tools
The original surface was installed back in 1996 as one of the first, blue, state-of-the-art all-weather tracks to be installed in southern California courtesy of generous families and donors. Fast forward to 2014, the Eagles partnered with Beynon sports to redesign and construct a track and field facility capable of providing a competitive advantage all while delivering a safe venue for daily training. The new surface is a BSS 1000 ML Embedded 14mm surface, the same surface at the University of Oregon's historic Hayward field.
- 7-lane Track
- 2 Long Jump/Triple Jump pits
- 1 High Jump apron
- 1 Pole Vault runway