2017 CLUB RUSH – Wednesday, September 27
If you are interested in joining a club at SMCHS, please plan on attending Club Rush on September 27
during both lunches. If you are interested in starting your own club or renewing a club from last year,
please complete the Club Application form below.
Mandala is the SMCHS creative writing club and the title of the annual creative writing publication for SMCHS. Club members meet on a regular basis and engage in a variety of activities. Members:
- analyze poetry and other creative works submitted by SMCHS students to be considered for the annual publication and discuss their own creative works with other members of the group.
- attend workshop sessions concerning various aspects of creative writing
- promote creative writing and creativity with the SM student body
- organize presentations which promote the writing process and/or spotlight the works of writing professionals.
- develop creative materials with supervision by SM faculty and submit creative materials for publication and to various writing contests.
Mandala meets after school in Mr. Fleming's room, 212 Crean Hall (B212). New members are always welcome! Students are not required to be a member of Mandala to submit poetry or other written works or artwork for consideration in the Mandala publication; however only members of Mandala may attend workshop sessions, consider materials for the annual publication, attend group field trips or outings, workshop their own creative materials with the group, engage in organizational activities.
Mr. Fleming, English teacher