Santa Margarita Catholic High School’s annual Eagle Classic Golf Tournament was a success. The event was held at the Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club with golfers covering both the north and south courses. Golfers braved the frigid, rainy morning and windy afternoon.
Generous sponsors, donors, volunteers and golfers made the Eagle Classic Golf Tournament a success. This year's tournament raised 257,679 in support of the many teams and programs at SMCHS. As the school’s primary fundraiser benefiting the exceptional teams and programs of Santa Margarita, proceeds provide crucial funds for new equipment, uniforms, travel expenses, competition fees, staff training and other program-related expenses.
Throughout the blustery day, 190 golfers defied the elements for a memorable day on the green. Thank you to Hanna's Restaurant & Bar for providing the lunches and BodyArmour for providing the sports beverages. Attendees had the opportunity to purchase auction items and participate in the helicopter ball drop which sold 8,394 golf balls.
- 1st Gross (59) – Shannon Wernemar, Peter Wernemar, Giovanni Vaglietti, Pam Edwards
- Closest to the Pin (CTTP) – (Men) Jim Tinker 6'10"
- CTTP - (Women) Sue Pebly 26'4"
- Long Drive – (Men) Giovanni Vaglietti
- Long Drive – (Women) Stacey Schafer
- 1st Gross (53) – Jess Feathers, Teemu Selanne, Ben Briscoe, Dave Hanna
- CTTP – (Women) Kat Schwendeman 5'5"
- CTTP – (Men) Zach Zehinder 11'6"
- Long Drive – (Men) JT Thiessen
- Long Drive – (Women) LeAnne Buoncristiani
- Ball Drop Winner: Karen Laranjo in support of Girls Golf
- Team that sold the most: Baseball
- Student who sold the most: Matthew Flaharty '21
Grandparents Opportunity Board Winners
David Jones, Jeff Feathers, Tim Santoni, George Straggas, Doug Nilsen, Doug Forde, JT Thiessen, Tom Rinehart, Mike Yurkovich, Bob Jacobson, Craig Morris, Simon Kaye
Opportunity Drawing Winners
Steven & Cori Armstrong, Carlo & Colleen De Atouguia, Anthony & Heather Bandura, Joshua & Jennifer Heard, Bob & Jayne Jacobson, John Jaksa, Ron & Cherise Matthews, John & Stacie McKeehan, Matthew & Maria Raine
*Winners will be contacted to claim their prize