The stress related to the virus may understandably create worry and anxiety for students and families. Below are some resources that may be of assistance during this time. Although we are apart, the health and well-being of our entire SMCHS community remains our utmost priority. Let us all continue to pray for one another and our world during this time of uncertainty.
- The Health Services nurses, Lisa Volpo RN and Rebecca Wood RN, are working off-site. If you have any health-related questions, concerns or you just want to check in, please email our office firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear how you are doing.
- The SMCHS Counseling Office, as well as our school psychologist, are available to set up a TEAMS appointment to talk with you if you are feeling anxious or stressed or if you need resources to be more successful in your classes while distance learning. Remember, we are always a resource for you and care about you very much. Email your counselor with any questions and we will respond at our earliest opportunity.
- Message from Bishop Freyer and the SMCHS Campus Ministry Team
- In order to promote wellness and help our students cope with the possible stress of the COVID-19 quarantine, student tablets have been given access to various movie streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Disney +, etc.). If families have subscriptions to streaming services, students will be able to access them from their SM tablet.
- CDC Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- NASP Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease
- YouSchool 15-20 minute live video Foundations for Flourishing content series featuring SMCHS alumnus Scott Schimmel ‘98 and Friends
- National Institute of Mental Health Coping with Traumatic Events
- EduTopia Simple Metacognitive Strategies to Help Anxious Learners Succeed
- Making Caring Common Helping Children Cope with Uncertainty Supporting One Another in Times of Crises
Visit our wellness webpage for more resources and information regarding Santa Margarita Catholic High School’s wellness initiatives.