and teachers to provide academic, social-emotional and college counseling.
SMCHS Provides Comprehensive Support
Students will partner with both a school counselor and college counselor during their time at SMCHS. What makes the support students receive even more robust is the partnership counseling has with the school’s wellness program. This three-prong approach to student support places mental health and wellness at the forefront with a deeper emphasis on both academic success in the underclassmen years and college preparation before graduation.
View the School Counseling Page
Students partner with a school counselor upon entry to SMCHS, working to develop a meaningful relationship with their school counselor from the very beginning. School counselors provide academic/social-emotional support all four years.
School counseling provides:
- Academic counseling and planning
- Social-emotional support
- College and career exploration
- Referrals to the wellness
Course Selection Information ⤏
Tutoring Information ⤏
Advanced Placement ⤏
International Baccalaureate ⤏
Auxiliary Studies Program (ASP) ⤏
View the College Counseling Page
During their junior year, students will acquire a college counselor who will walk them step-by-step, through the entire college application process. SM students will simultaneously work with both their school counselor and college counselor as upperclassmen.
College counseling provides:
- Personalized college research, planning and guidance with the application process
- Advising on standardized testing
- Exploration of college scholarships and the financial aid process
- Education on college admissions standards, procedures and trends
- Workshops for all grade levels
- Career path exploration
- College Counseling Overview
- College Acceptances & Placement
- College Visits to SM
- Contests and Opportunities
- College Scholarships
- Summer Programs and Plans
The wellness program partners with school counseling to support students and their families in meeting the challenges of adolescence through prevention, early-intervention and education.
- Full-time on-site licensed marriage and family therapist
- Support and resources for anxiety, depression and other common adolescent mental health challenges
- 1:1 and group counseling
- Comprehensive program with a director of wellness, wellness counselor and wellness coordinator.