One-to-One means every teacher and student in the school have a Tablet PC in their possession at all times, complete with appropriate educational software, internet access, printing capabilities and much more. However, the focus is not just on the technology alone but also on the shift in teaching approach, moving toward a much more collaborative, student-centered classroom environment which inspires a sense of enthusiasm and ownership in the students’ learning process.
SMCHS Educational Technology Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
See below for fast answers to some of the frequently asked questions about Educational Technology at SMCHS.
- What is included in the SMCHS One-to-One Tablet PC Program?
- What is the cost of the program?
- Who owns the tablet PC?
- What is the tablet's configuration?
- Why aren't students allowed to bring their own laptops?
- Can I buy the Tablet PC on my own?
- Will I keep the same tablet each year?
- When did the program start?
- I am concerned about the small screen.
- How are the students going to save and back up their work?
- Are the tablets going to be labeled?
- Are the teachers ready for this program?
- How do I know that my student will not just play games or chat on the computer during class?
- What is covered by Accidental Damage Insurances?
- How did SMCHS choose the students' device given the number of options currently on the market?
- How long has the school investigated the feasibility and the benefits of such a program?
- Can the students keep the tablets over the summer?
- Can we pay the annual cost of the program up front?
- When are the tablets going to be distributed to the students?
- Does the school have adequate technical support for such a program?
- Can the school provide adequate infrastructure to support this program?
- What is Class Policy?
- Will the tablets have CD-DVD players/burners?
- Are the students responsible for backing up their personal data?
- What operating system will be on the tablets?
- Who will be applying various software patches and upgrades to the tablets?
- Why choose a Tablet PC over another device?
- What kind of security is the school providing?
- Tablets for Transfer Students
- What can you tell me about the digital/online textbooks and resources?
- Will students be able to purchase their tablet after graduation?