Applications for the 2020-2021 school year are now being accepted. Priority applications will be accepted through January 25, 2020. Applications received after the priority deadline will be reviewed if space is available.QUESTIONS:
Please contact Joy Francis, International Student Admissions Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews & Examinations
International Students Entering 10th, 11th, or 12th Grade Wishing to Play a Sport at SMCHS
Application Acceptance & I-20 Application
Registration & Tuition Payment
- Online application
- $300 USD application fee
- Three letters of recommendation - please electronically request these through the application portal
- Current Math Teacher
- Current English Teacher
- Current Principal/School Counselor
- Upload school transcripts for the last three years including your current coursework and progress report. If a prospective student is attending school in a country where English is not considered a native language, all official documents must be submitted in the native language along with a CERTIFIED LINE-BY-LINE ENGLISH TRANSLATION of all official documents.
- TOEFL English Proficiency Test (minimum score of 65) - no other English proficiency tests are accepted. Please use our school code of 0945 to submit your TOEFL scores directly to our school.
- Upload color photo of student
- Upload copy of passport
- Upload documentation of available financial support - For students applying for an I20 and student visa, the US government requires proof of the ability to pay tuition and living expenses for the first academic year.
- For students applying for Grades 10, 11 or 12, use the writing prompt in your application portal to electronically complete and submit a student essay
- Upload current Immunization Record in English
For immunization Records issued from outside the United States, please have your doctor sign and complete the immunization Requirements here) ***All immunization records must be received before the I 20 will be sent. Students must receive at least the first dose of each required vaccine and not be due for any dose before they can be conditionally admitted.
All of the application steps must be completed prior to proceeding to Step 2 and scheduling an Interview. The student's application will not be reviewed for an acceptance decision until the application is complete.
International Students wishing to participate in athletics at SMCHS are required to complete the International Student Transfer Worksheet here. Please download, print, complete, and turn in this form with your application documents. International Students entering Grade 9 may skip this step.
Application Acceptance and I-20 Application:
International students who attend Santa Margarita Catholic High School must live with either their parents or a pre-approved Homestay. For your Homestay Services, SMCHS international students must use the services of JR International Enterprise Inc. (dba JR Education Group).
JR Education offers a network of homestay families in Orange County dedicated to providing a loving family environment for the student. Our homestay program gives each student the individualized attention for all family needs, creating a perfect atmosphere for the students to have a nurturing and supportive relationship with their homestay and school.
Students and their parents can have peace of mind while the student is in the program as each family is checked to be worthy of participating in the homestay program. Every participating family goes through a personal interview, and the home is inspected to ensure the ongoing safety and comfort of each student.
In addition, homestay families provide rich cultural experiences, ones that the students will cherish for the rest of their lives.
For students who do not need homestay: proof of residence with an immediate family member (i.e. mother or father) must be provided.
Become a homestay family to provide a wonderful experience that enriches the lives of students. Help bridge the gap between two (or more) countries with a cultural exchange by opening your heart and home to an international student.
2019-2020 Expenses for International Students
All international students are required to pay for their year's tuition and fees in full on or before May 1, 2019. Receipt of these fees signifies that the international student is registered for class and can begin the 2019-2020 school year at Santa Margarita Catholic High School.
Support Class ***
if determined necessary for all NEW students
|E-books and textbooks||$700-$100|
will vary depending on schedule
if a student participates in sports
varies depending on the sport played
*International students are not eligible for tuition assistance or any other tuition discounts.
**The international student support class is required for all NEW international students if the Admissions Committee determines that additional English support is necessary for attendance at SMCHS.