Interviews & Examinations
International Students Entering 10th, 11th, or 12th Grade Wishing to Play a Sport at SMCHS
Application Acceptance & I-20 Application
Registration & Tuition Payment
To create an account and apply online, please click here.
- $300 USD application fee (check, credit card or money order payable to SMCHS)
- Online application
- School transcripts for the last three years translated into English
- Immunization record in English (please download the Immunization Requirements here) ***All immunization records must be up to date before the I 20 will be sent. Students must receive at least the first dose of each required vaccine and not be due for any dosed before they can be conditionally admitted.
- Three recommendation letters from a Math Teacher (download form here), English Teacher (download form here), and school principal/headmaster (download form here)
- TOEFL English Proficiency Test (minimum score of 65) - no other English proficiency tests are accepted. Please use our school code of 0945 to submit your TOEFL scores directly to our school.
- Student essay (download essay here)
- Color photo of student
- Copy of passport
- Copy of a bank statement (showing sufficient funds to pay for tuition and fees)
Once the initial application is received and reviewed by our Admissions Committee, a series of Skype interviews/examinations will be scheduled. A member of the Admissions Office and the Academic Counseling office will schedule the Skype interviews/examinations with the applicant. These Skype interviews/examinations will assess the student's English ability and learn about the student's academic record.
International Students wishing to participate in athletics at SMCHS are required to complete the International Student Transfer Worksheet here. Please download, print, complete, and turn in this form with your application documents. International Students entering Grade 9 may skip this step.
Application Acceptance and I-20 Application:
For your Homestay Services, Santa Margarita Catholic High School international students must use the services of JR International Enterprise Inc. (dba JR Education Group).
JR Education offers a network of homestay families in Orange County dedicated to providing a loving family environment for the student. Our homestay program gives each student the individualized attention for all family needs, creating a perfect atmosphere for the students to have a nurturing and supportive relationship with their homestay and school.
Students and their parents can have peace of mind while the student is in the program as each family is checked to be worthy of participating in the homestay program. Every participating family goes through a personal interview, and the home is inspected to ensure the ongoing safety and comfort of each student.
In addition, homestay families provide rich cultural experiences, ones that the students will cherish for the rest of their lives.
For students who do not need homestay: proof of residence with an immediate family member (i.e. mother or father) must be provided.
Become a homestay family to provide a wonderful experience that enriches the lives of students. Help bridge the gap between two (or more) countries with a cultural exchange by opening your heart and home to an international student.
Tuition and Fees for 2018-2019 are Due May 1, 2018
Support Class ***
if determined necessary
|E-books and textbooks||$700-$100|
will vary depending on schedule
if a student participates in sports
varies depending on the sport played
*International students are not eligible for the tuition discount for paying in full.
** International students are not eligible for the early registration discount.
**The international student support class is required if the Admissions Committee determines that additional English support is necessary for attendance at SMCHS.
If you have any questions about international student applications or the admissions process not covered above, please contact Jeff Reinert, International Student Admissions Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org