Tuition Assistance & Scholarships
At Santa Margarita Catholic High School, it is our desire that every student have the opportunity to receive a well-rounded Catholic education. With the rising cost of education, we are committed to helping families provide a Santa Margarita education for their student(s). One of every four students at Santa Margarita receives tuition assistance.
Santa Margarita Catholic High School offers awards in the form of tuition assistance and scholarships – these are awards that do not have to be repaid. Tuition assistance awards are based on financial need. Additionally, privately-funded scholarships are awarded to students based on need, academic excellence, leadership, service, talent and other criteria. Tuition assistance combined with privately funded scholarships can provide up to 50 percent of the cost of tuition at SMCHS. Please see below for specific application criteria and information. Student loans are offered through Your Tuition Solution.
Educational Financing Made Easy – Student Loans
With Your Tuition Solution, paying for your child’s education is easier than ever. Your Tuition Solution’s convenient payment plans give you a wide range of options such as:
- Financing from $2,000 to $50,000
- Payment terms from 24 to 84 months
- No application fees or initial payment (applicants see all their payment options with no credit impact until they select a plan and move forward). The online application is quick and simple.
Remaining "open" scholarship applications may be scanned as a PDF and emailed to Mary McGeeney at email@example.com or dropped off at the Advancement office. If you choose to submit your application via email, we ask that you also mail the original copy to the SMHS Advancement office.
Students may apply for a maximum of two scholarships. For scholarship questions, please contact Mary McGeeney at 949-766-6080.
It is recommended that students take time and diligence when completing their applications. Their responses should reflect the history and criteria of what the scholarship represents. Many of the applications are forwarded to committees and donors for review.
Students may be awarded one scholarship only.
Many of the scholarships require a FACTS application. If parents have already completed a FACTS application for tuition assistance for the upcoming school year, you do not need to complete a second FACTS application.
- Print in ink if writing your application answers by hand - No applications in pencil please.
- Double check applications for misspellings and correct use of grammar - Remember these are academic scholarships and should reflect your best work.
- Single sided applications only - Do not turn in double sided applications.
- If you are sending your application electronically, please scan as a PDF. Please do not take a picture with your phone.
- Expand on your answers by giving concrete examples.
- Thank you notes must be written in ink on a greeting card or stationary.
- Don’t forget to proofread your thank you note.
- If you do not have access to a greeting card or stationary for your thank you note, please see the Advancement office for a card.
- Eagles Giving to Eagles Scholarship - Closed
- Ted Prenovost Good Guy Scholarship - Closed
- Raymond R. Dunne Scholarship-Closed
- Christopher Cvengros '98 Memorial Scholarship-Closed
- Bradley J. Dillahunty '02 Memorial Scholarship-Closed
- C.J. Hubbard '01 Memorial Scholarship-Closed
- Redwitz Family Scholarship-Closed
- Richard Hunsaker Scholarship-Closed
- Reg Sobczak Memorial Scholarship-Closed
- Ryan David Zalta '92 Memorial Scholarship-Closed
- Nicholas David Kraus Memorial Scholarship-Closed
- *OPEN - The Martinez Family Scholarship - Performing Arts
- California Scholarship Federation (CSF) Scholarship-Closed
- Kaydee Royce Campbell '06 Memorial Scholarship-Closed
- Sarah DeMille '05 Memorial Scholarship-Closed
- Eagle Alumni Scholarship-Closed
- Richard Voelkel Memorial Scholarship-Closed
- Model United Nations Alumni Scholarship-Closed
- Mother's Club Scholarship-Closed
- Jeff Loftus Generosity Scholarship-Closed