What is the Arts Alliance?
The Arts Alliance is a parent-led organization whose mission is to raise visibility and to support the Visual and Performing Arts Programs at Santa Margarita Catholic High School.
- We coordinate volunteer opportunities that support Performing Arts and Visual Arts events.
- We fund-raise to provide arts enrichment activities for students.
- Meet and socialize with fellow arts families.
For more information about The Arts Alliance, please email: ArtsAlliance@smhs.org
How can you help?
Volunteer positions and descriptions:
- General Volunteer for Visual/Performing Arts events: concessions, set up/tear down, assisting program coordinators with various tasks (decorating, student supervision, etc.).
- Christmas Bake Sale Volunteer – Please look for event SignUpGenius (SUG) to volunteer to work at this fun, annual event.
- Golf Tournament Volunteer – Helps with various tasks related to fundraising activities and/or volunteer help on day of event. The Golf Tournament directly supports the Performing and Visual Arts Department.
- Photographer/Historian - Takes and/or collects photographs for arts programs and maintains digital photo archives of events.
- Box Office Assistant - Assists Performing Arts Manager with ticket fulfillment for Performing Arts events.
- Decorations - Assists with simple decorations set up for events (décor provided).
- Sponsorship/Donations – Secure sponsorships and donated items for Performing and Visual Arts fundraising events.
- Program Coordinator - Meets with Program Director to establish needs for the year and coordinates, communicates with, and manages parents and volunteers (similar to team/room parent). They are as follows:
- Talon Theatre
- Tech Theatre
- Visual Arts
- Steel Drums
- Instrumental Music
- Eagle Regiment
The Princeton Nassoons
Collegiate ensemble performance and Q & A
Professional Percussionist, Arts Marketing
Carnegie Hall Concert
Provided funding for instrument and rehearsal space rentals in New York City for
SMCHS Instrumental Music.
Danny Von der Ahe
Speaker on An Artist’s Career Path and his personal experience from SMCHS high school student to now as Illustrator, Painter, Writer.
Master Teacher in West African Drumming & Dance
Master Class workshop and performance focused on cultural and rhythmic aspects of drumming and dance.
International Schools Theatre Association Artist/Educator
Presented Interactive master class focused on character development using
Godfrey’s “Acting Six Pack” and masks.
The Yale Whiffenpoofs
Collegiate a cappella group performance and Q & A