SMCHS Eagles Ice Hockey
Established in 2009, Eagles Ice Hockey complements Santa Margarita's college-preparatory academics by developing player's skills and confidence for success in hockey and life.
The Santa Margarita Eagles are led by Craig Johnson, who played 10 seasons in the National Hockey League. Its Varsity Division 1 and Division 3 teams compete in the Anaheim Ducks High School Hockey League and California Amateur Hockey Association, as well as North American Elite Invitational Tournaments and Showcases.
The new $110 million Great Park Ice and FivePoint Arena in Irvine, CA unifies Eagles Ice Hockey's activities. It is the home of the team's practice ice and exclusive locker-room, as well as its strength & conditioning program with Scot Prohaska.
COACHES AND STAFF:
- Craig Johnson, Head Coach
- Kaelin Groon, Assistant Coach
- Ladislav Kohn, Assistant Coach
- Jason Marshall, Assistant Coach
- Alexander Voloshin, Assistant Coach
- Anne Loh, Team Manager
- Randy Loh, Team Manager
- Email ► CONTACT ICE HOCKEY
Eagles Ice Hockey players continue to have success beyond SMCHS:
- Ryan Johnson: first-round selection in the NHL Draft by the Buffalo Sabres; Gold Medalist World Junior A Challenge
- Annie Pankowski: U.S. Women’s National Team; Gold Medalist IIHF Women's World Championship
- Six NCAA Division 1 Ice Hockey Program commitments
The internationally recognized SMCHS Eagles are the current and back-to-back (2018 and 2019) USA Hockey National Champion. In 2013, the program became California's first and still only USA Hockey National High School Varsity Champion.
- USA Hockey High School National Champion (2019, 2018 & 2013)
- USA Hockey High School National Championship Silver Medalist (2017 & 2015)
- USA Hockey High School National Championship Bronze Medalist (2011)
- California State High School Champion (2018, 2017, 2013, & 2012)
- ADHSHL Varsity Division 1 Champion (2018, 2014 & 2013)
- ADHSHL Varsity Division 1 Regular Season 1st Place Finish (2019, 2018, 2014, 2013, 2012)