This program was created to enhance the educational experience at Santa Margarita Catholic High School by offering real-life experiences that are not typically taught inside a classroom. All current and alumni Eagles are encouraged to participate in the robust network that Santa Margarita Catholic High School has to offer. "Our goal is to create a culture of Eagles helping Eagles for years to come." SMCHS President Andy Sulick '91.
Eagles Edge is an added-value program at SMCHS created to develop real-world lifelong skills through hands-on experiences.
Wealth Management WOrkshops
Instructor: Alumni parent Mr. Frank Pisano,
co-founder of Hoffski Pisano & Co., CPAs:
Topics: Why should one save/invest? Diversification. Stocks/Bonds/Roth IRAs. Cyptocurrency. (and much more!) Workshops held from 7:30 a.m. - 8:20 a.m. on the dates listed below in the Science Lecture Hall (C-108).
(No RSVP is necessary; drop-ins are fine)
Upcoming Wealth Management Workshops:
- October 8
- November 19
- December 3
- January 22: RSVP IS RECOMMENDED
- February 4
- February 19
- March 3
- March 25
- April 7
- April 29
- May 5
CAREER DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
Eagles Edge Career Workshops are designed to provide students with “an edge” as they plan for their futures. These “free” seminars are open to all current SMCHS students. Workshops are held from 2:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. in the ASB room. RSVP is recommended.
- October 1 : Basic Resume Writing and Email Communication
- October 29 : Basic Interviewing Skills
- November 7: Career Visioning
- January 21: CANCELED Summer Job Ideas and Applications
- February 25: Naviance Personality and Strengths Assessments
- March 5: How to research career paths
- TBD: Networking and Information Interviews
IB BUSINESS/ECON CLASSES
Three events will be held during class time, once during each quarter.
Examples of potential classes: "Building Blocks to Professionalism" by Mr. Dave Hanna of Hanna's Restaurant
"Capital Ventures" by Mr. Brett Brown, managing partner of Xsolla Capital
- Swimming Instructors at Big Arm Swimmers
- Dining Room Server
- Real Estate Flyer Distribution
- Nordstrom's Fashion Ambassador
- Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt
- Kwala Music
- The Congressional Leadership Fund
- Paul Kerr for Congress
- Festival of the Arts | Pageant of the Masters
- Realty One Group
- Power Direct Marketing
- Inside Sales Opportunities
SMCHS students are offered an inside, behind-the-scenes look at a business. If you are interested in welcoming our students to your company for a sneak peak, please contact Sergio Muniz at email@example.com.
Help our students receive real-life experience through internships and employment opportunities.