Prom 2018 is on sale now!!
Who: SMCHS 11th and 12th grade students (non-SMCHS student guests are permitted with submission of a guest dance contract)
When: Thursday, May 24, 2018; 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Where: Disneyland Hotel Grand Ballroom
· $135 until Friday, May 11 at 3:00 pm
· $165 from May 11 – May 18th at 3:00 pm
Dinner: Prom includes a multi-course, seated dinner. Please note that you will pick a table assignment for dinner as part of the ticket purchase process. Seating arrangements cannot be changed, so please coordinate with your friends ahead of time.
Important note regarding Downtown Disney: Please note that floor length, formal gowns are not permitted in Downtown Disney per Disney policy. As such, please arrive at the main entrance to the Disneyland Hotel, as the main entrance is not subject to restrictions on attire. Do not plan on entering the Disneyland Hotel through the Downtown Disney entrance to avoid any issues.
Prom is a formal event and all students are expected to adhere to the following dress code policies:
- Full tuxedo or formal suit (no denim or leather)
- Dress shirt with tie
- Dress shirts must be worn
- Dress shoes or sneakers (Converse/Toms/Vans/etc.) and socks
- Hair well-groomed
- Any modifications/alterations of a dress of jumpsuit (including but not limited to safety pins, tape, etc.) will not be approved.
- Dresses must be knee length or longer
- Slits on dresses can only be to the knee.
- Dress length is measured from the bottom of solid material. Slips and/or sheer extensions are not considered part of the dress length.
- Material can't be tight knit/adjustable in length.
- Dresses and jumpsuits must have modest cleavage, no plunging necklines or backs.
- No bare midriffs or cutouts.
- Dress shoes or sneakers (Converse/Vans/Toms/etc.) and socks.
- Bandage/body conforming material such as lycra, spandex, or similar material are prohibited.
Prohibited Items at Prom:
- Weapons of any kind
- Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products, including vapor or other nicotine delivery systems
- Chewing Gum
- Water bottles or other beverage containers
- Glass perfume/cologne bottles
- Anything else defined in the SMCHS Parent/Student Handbook and 2017-2018 Master Dance and Event Contract.