Each year, Santa Margarita's Heart-to-Heart Award recognizes students who have completed more than 120 hours of direct service over and above their Christian service projects.
- Hours for the award will be calculated on October 16, 2019 and January 8, 2020 for seniors. Hours for the award will be calculated on May 14, 2020 for freshman, sophomore and junior students.
- Only students who have completed their grade level service project are eligible to receive the Heart-to-Heart Award.
- All hours logged must come from direct (face-to-face) service. All agencies need to be nonprofit, except for hospitals.
- Hours done outside of the designated grade level service project, should be designated as "service additional to the requirement" on MobileServe.
- When verifying hours, please keep in mind they cannot be verified by a parent, relative or SMCHS student.