Each year, Santa Margarita's "Coeur a Coeur" (Heart to Heart) Award recognizes students who have completed more than 120 hours of direct service over and above their Christian service projects.
- Hours for the award will be calculated on October 16, 2018 and January 8, 2019 for seniors. Hours for the award will be calculated on May 14, 2019 for freshman, sophomore and junior students.
- Only students who have completed their grade level service project are eligible to receive the Coeur a Coeur Award.
- All extracurricular hours must come from direct (face-to-face) service. All agencies need to be nonprofit, except for hospitals.
- Extracurricular service hours, done outside of the designated grade level service project, should be designated as extracurricular in x2Vol.
- When verifying hours, please keep in mind they cannot be verified by a parent, relative or SMCHS student.