A vibrant campus life is created not only by students, faculty and staff, but also by dedicated and caring volunteers. Our volunteers are one of the school's most cherished assets. They have given countless hours of their time to a variety of school endeavors. We thank all of these generous, spirited and committed parents and friends.
- Fundraising Events
- General Campus Opportunities
- Campus Ministry Retreat Chaperones
- Christian Service Day Field Trip Chaperones
Blue and Gold is our main fundraising event of the year held the fall. If you would like to join the planning committee or volunteer to help the night of the event, please click here to e-mail the Advancement Office.
The list is varied, but one thing is certain, our volunteers are cherished and appreciated (and make some great friends along the way).
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Front Office (at the front desk)
- Counseling Office
- Activities Office
- Development Office
- Communications Office
- Nurses Office
- Campus Ministry
- Campus Bookstore
- Docents - docents are our school ambassadors, providing campus tours for prospective families
- Create artwork, decorations, posters
- Assemble mailers
- Bookstore/Summer Book Sales
- Clerical Help
- Docents - (Tours, Admissions)
- Fundraising Gala Committee
- On-call substitute teachers
- IB/AP Test Supervision (Proctors)
- Magazine Drive assistants
- Nurses' Office
- Arts Alliance assistants
- PTG Board Membership and Activities
- Scrip Sales at Front Desk
- Drivers for Sports Teams/Clubs/Extra Cirricular
- Athletic Team Support
Freshman, Sophomore and Junior retreats are held at Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center located at 2 Irvine Park Road in Orange, CA. (714) 923-3191. Senior Kairos Retreats are held at Whispering Winds Catholic Retreat Center located at 17606 Harrison Park Road Julian, CA (760) 765-1600. For more information about volunteering at school retreats, please contact SMCHS Retreat Coordinator Francis Cabildo at email@example.com or 949.766.6000 ext. 1517
1. To review all the steps required to becoming a volunteer, click here.
2. Complete the Safe Environment Training (required once every three years)
- Please go to: CMGConnect Diocese of Orange by clicking here. Complete the online training and print the certificate.
- Click here to view instructions for online training.
3. Click here to download the Volunteer Sign-Up form.
IMPORTANT: The above steps and forms must be completed and submitted to the SMCHS front desk before requesting fingerprinting forms
4. Complete the Fingerprinting process which is required by the Diocese of Orange (required only once)
- The fingerprinting process can take up to two weeks, please plan accordingly.
- Contact Joanne Lado in Human Resources for fingerprinting forms at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The cost for fingerprinting is $62 and is done at:
The UPS Store (RSM Pavilions Center)
Phone number: 949-858-1234
22431 Antonio Pkwy #B160
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
If you have been fingerprinted while attending another Diocese of Orange School, indicate the name of the school and your date of birth on the volunteer sign-up form. Prior fingerprinting from a school in the Diocese of Orange is acceptable and you will be informed of your clearance.
If you wish to become a driver, please submit a copy of your driver's license and insurance card.
The Volunteer Program Coordinators communicate with parents and friends who wish to volunteer their services. The Volunteer Program Coordinators are:
- Jill Townsend
- Laurie Beach
- Cindy Pizzurro
- Pat Mollica
For questions regarding our volunteer program, please email them:
click to send email
Or call Cindy Pizzurro
at 949-766-6000 ext. 0