OFFICIAL SMCHS COVID-19 Update Center
SMCHS is committed to the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and community. The school continues to monitor the ever-changing situation with the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, following guidance from the CDC, CDPH, the Orange County Health Care Agency, the Orange County Department of Education, and the Diocese of Orange. All guidance is subject to change.
Policies, protocols and protections are in place to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, including but not limited to medical-grade HVAC air filters and indoor air purification systems, hand sanitizing stations throughout campus, free, voluntary on-site testing and continuous sanitation practices. However, all students, faculty and staff should assume there is the potential of exposure to COVID-19 within a large school community.
Please continue to stay home if you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Have the following symptoms: fever/chills; cough; shortness of breath; fatigue; body aches; headache; new loss of taste and smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; diarrhea
Contact the Nurses Office
Direct line during school hours:
Parents/guardians should contact the SMCHS Nurse’s Office if their student has tested positive for COVID-19 or for any COVID-19/illness related questions or concerns.
On-Campus Testing Program
SMCHS offers free, voluntary COVID-19 testing for SMCHS students. Antigen testing will be performed by the SMCHS nursing staff with results available within 15 minutes. Parental verbal consent will be required each time a student or parent requests testing. One-time registration and consent are required. For more information, click here. Complimentary rapid Antigen home tests are available in the Nurses Office starting this year. The Nursing and Health Services Office can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 766-6029.
For questions about...
|Coursework missed due to illness||The teacher of the class|
|A personal, academic or
|Your school counselor|
|Health-related questions / concerns||Email the nurses at:
- What is the school's mask policy?
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19 when can they return to school?
- If a student is exposed to someone with COVID-19 and is asymptomatic (no symptoms) what is recommended?
- If a student has symptoms of COVID-19 what should they do?
- What happens if a student becomes ill during the school day?
- What cleaning procedures/sanitation practices are in place?
- How is SM addressing air circulation/ventilation to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19?